Ready in 45 minutes
Makes 6 Servings
- 1 bottle (8 fl oz) Ensure® Enlive® Vanilla
- 2 tsp vegetable oil
- ⅔ cup white basmati rice
- 2 green or brown cardamom pods (or ¼ tsp ground cardamom)
- 3 whole cloves
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 cinnamon stick, broken in half (or ¼ tsp ground cinnamon)
- ¼ tsp salt
- ⅔ cup water
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Heat oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat.
- Add rice and cook for 2 minutes, stirring constantly to toast the rice.
- Add cardamom, cloves, bay leaf, cinnamon stick, and salt, and continue to stir. Add water and bring to a simmer.
- Add Ensure® and continue to cook until it begins to simmer. (Do not allow the mixture to come to a boil.)
- Remove from heat.
- Pour mixture into a 8-inch square oven-safe baking dish.
- Cover tightly with aluminum foil.
- Place on the middle rack of the oven and cook for 30 minutes.
- Check the rice. It may need an additional 5 minutes to absorb all of the liquid.
- Remove from oven. Allow the rice to steam, covered, for 5 minutes.
- Remove cover.
- Fluff the rice with a fork before serving.
Serving Size: ⅓ cup
1g DIETARY FIBER
Amount Per Serving
Fat, g: 3.5
Sodium, mg: 135
Carbohydrate, g: 24
Dietary fiber, g: 1
Protein, g: 5